Monday, June 16, 2008

Responding

I've learned a good lesson in responding. When I sent the 'big news,' I was really anxious to hear back from people within a day or two. This felt HUGE to me and I wanted to share and be heard. Surprisingly, I got the most responses from friends rather than family members. Most of our family still hasn't responded in any way (obviously, some have and we have this lovely blog to chronicle our journey). I learned that it felt really good to be acknowledged and to receive a little encouragement, even just one or two lines. I'm trying to be more responsive to others because of this. One friend of mine has a line at the bottom of her emails; "Love is always the appropriate response." I have found that to be true.

3 comments:

Plainbellied said...

Right on Urban Tangerine. I love hearing back from people, especially since it is usually so, so loving. In fact, with this round of mass emailing, I've taken to personally responding to each email I get in return.

Kendra Leigh said...

I'm sorry! I don't think I responded! But I do hope you know that we lovelovelove your family and will be helpful in any way we can. And I still think she is just as cute as a button- and most definitely one of the *O* children!

Urban Tangerine said...

Kendra Leigh,

You're awesome! You and I definitely talked about this and you asked out our upcoming visits with the geneticists and everything. She's a total *O*. It's true.