Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Intro

I'm happy SumGreater created this blog. She's always so supportive and definitely one of those siblings that keeps our family connected. Thanks SumGreater.

Our family had four sisters and there came a time when we all wore the same size of socks. So, our brilliant mother decided to keep all of the socks in a box and we could just share. As the oldest daughter, I was uncertain what to do when it came time to leave for college. Which socks were mine? How many pairs should I take with me? Will the others be upset if I take the "good" pairs? At any rate, I think it hasn't been since the sock-box that I've shared something with my sisters, so this will be fun.

There is something that I don't share with my sisters and that is the genetic anomaly called translocation. I was tested in 2004 and given and 80% chance of having it, too. I don't have it. Nevertheless, after we welcomed our sweet baby number five and after some time and some worry we finally visited a geneticist. We're still waiting for the blood work, but they've let us know she's "abnormal." That was actually a relief because I could stop worrying if something was wrong. Yes! Something was wrong and now some of the nation's top professionals are going to help us out moving forward.

Stay tuned.

No comments: