Saturday, October 9, 2010

You've come a long way, not-so-much-of-a-baby-anymore!



The Boy is 2 years old today. (I have to admit that the helmet pictures is actually a couple of months old. Sorry. All the newer photos end up on Turtar's computer.) I'm not sure that I'm up for any deep reflections on the journey with my son over the last 3 years (counting pregnancy), but I'm so proud of him. He is a vital part of our family. He is very deliberate about including others in his activities. He goes out of his way to wave to others and say 'hi'. He is a solid walker, and loves music and dancing. He is just starting to learn so many signs and words. He hates being carried anywhere and doesn't even like holding my hand. He'll sit down if I try to hold his hand while he's walking so that I can control our direction. He loves telephones. He know just what to do with them, too: hold them to your face and walk around while you laugh. He loves a good joke. He pays attention to what gets a laugh, and will start his own applause for non-comedic achievements. He loves books and hates getting dressed. Its a very exciting time! He also loves bread, but doesn't care for cake, so this year we'll be celebrating with some pumpkin bread and homemade smoothies. (I recently discovered this is one of the few acceptable ways for feeding him fruit. McDonald's is good for something!)

2 comments:

Cacooning said...

Happy Birthday big boy!!

Alison Piepmeier said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.