Monday, September 14, 2009

Leaps and Bounds

The Boy is on fire. ON FIRE.

He is using the potty. Every time I put him on the potty, he makes something, and he waives 'bye-bye' when we flush. He rarely poops in his diaper. His diaper is often dry when I take him to use the bathroom.

He just cut his first tooth.
He is going to sleep on his own, instead of having to be rocked.
He is eating solid food in pieces, not just pureed (though he won't touch the wet foods... he'll only pick up the puffs himself).
And he just did his first sign.

Yes, that's right. His first word. And he really knows what it means. Ready for it? The Boy's first word is "all done". He used it first to say he was done eating. Then that he was done sitting by himself, and done laying down, and done eating again. Now that he's been using it for a couple of days, he just likes to play with the wrist movement, or maybe he just does it over and over again because it's his whole vocabulary so far.

When he 'said' it the first time, I thought I was going to implode, or spontaneously combust, or disintegrate or something. It just seemed like too much. Too much pride, too much joy, too much relief. I'm so crazy proud of my amazing, genius, twenty-wonder.

4 comments:

SumGreater said...

That is SO AWESOME!!!! I'm so proud of my rad little nephew! And I'm proud of you for all your hard work. You're such a good mama! Hurray for super huge progress!! The Boy is the Man!

beth said...

He is a genius!

Cacooning said...

Wahoo!!

Zoo Keeper Mom said...

LOVE this post! You do such a good job at sharing the pure joy you felt - I felt like I was right there with ya! So proud of both of you!