Sunday, June 14, 2009

Walking!

Sort of.

So I was demonstrating for my father-in-law the support I will do for The Boy when we get him started on his treadmill regimen. I held him under his arms and moved one foot forward and then the other and then The Boy moved his own foot forward!

I KNOW!! (a la Craig Ferguson)

I guess I really need to track down a treadmill for The Boy ASAP. For now, I'm making him walk between the stairs and the living room, and I help him move his feet a lot of the time, too, but the fact that he can shift his weight to one leg and move the other leg forward and not fall on his darling little bum is so impressive to me. What a super star.

3 comments:

Cacooning said...

Fabulous!!!

Urban Tangerine said...

That is huge news. Watching our children with Down's progress is a new lesson in the terms 'line upon line, precept upon precept.' It is broken down into such small units and everyone is a jewel to be appreciated. Good luck with the treadmill!

SumGreater said...

Way to go Superstar! Isn't there a Smashmouth song you can play for him? "All-Star" maybe?