Monday, September 15, 2008

staying the course

Dr. LaJoie said to stay the course with the ACTH. I guess she expects it may take a little longer to show it's true usefulness. So that means another week of full dose injections and major cranky baby followed by yet another EEG and weaning off of the ACTH. If all goes well with the EEG that will be the end of it...I think. If not, Mermaid will then start up another medication that I am not learning how to pronounce unless she actually has to take it. But it is not quite FDA approved and imported from Canada. Either way, I want to figure out how to donate my unopened vials of ACTH to NORD because each of those suckers costs about the same as a new car and I'd love to share that gift with another family.

1 comment:

Plainbellied said...

Oh, I hope the medicine works!!!