Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So Thankful

I'm completely overwhelmed, but I'm still alive. My bathrooms haven't been cleaned in 2 months and my shelves are dusty enough to make even me cringe, and I get new medical bills pretty much every week. I'm baffled by the medicaid application I'm trying to fill out, way behind in getting my home-made Christmas stuff put together, and usually end up letting my daughter watch about 4 hours of TV a day. I was below my pre-pregnancy weight two weeks after birth, but now I'm gaining again. I'm trying to figure out how long I can get by wearing just one pair of pants and a nursing bra that has to be pinned to fit properly. Even so, whenever anyone asks how I'm doing I can't help but smile and say "Wonderful!" I'm so happy to have LL for my son. I'm so happy to have Her Nibs for my daughter. And marrying Turtar was definitely the best thing I've ever done in my life.

LL came off oxygen a week ago and finally met Mermaid face to face at Thanksgiving (pictures to follow :D). He has hypothyroidism, but there's a pill for that. Other than needing his blood drawn periodically to check his TSH levels, it doesn't seem like a very big deal. We're still dealing with eating issues (thickening milk to prevent aspiration, supporting his cheeks, trying to get him to eat enough...), constipation, and hemorrhoids, but today he passed his hearing exam!!! Finally. He has normal hearing. Hurrah!

Eventually I'll find my center, but for now I flip between 'brink of disaster' and total elation. Usually the elation wins out, so that's okay by me.

2 comments:

Tawnya Shaner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tawnya Shaner said...

Note to all four of the sisters:
I just want to say that I love the way each of you think, talk and write. I've always seen each of you as being intelligent, driven, educated and gloriously (and tactfully) opinionated, fun-loving, capable and beautifully talented. Traits passed down from Grandma to your mom and to each of you. (Traits also possessed by Anne of Green Gables....hm, minus the tactful part(o:)I love it. I tend to feel envious and inferior, but that doesn't keep me from admiring each of you. I'm grateful we have been connected as much as he have despite the long distances. It is fun to have facebook to help us stay in touch- especially since our news source, Grandma, passed away. (except one of you-- when are you going to join?) Take care! Best wishes with your new little ones.
Love,
Tawnya